A Therapeutic Hug
The Anxiety Wrap uses Maintained Pressure and Acupressure to relieve stress and end/lessen fears and anxieties in dogs. Created in 2001, it was the first of its kind on the market and invented the category of Pressure Wraps. It’s the only patented pressure wrap in the industry and comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and free, on-line support.
Susan Sharpe, CPDT, ADPT, owner of Animals Plus, LLC, and co-owner of Canine Companion dog training center is a certified member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers and has experience working with dogs in all capacities. Susan knows dogs and has devoted her life to helping them. She developed The Anxiety Wrap to help calm her clients’ dogs when they were staying at her Doggie Resort. After 90 prototypes, she hit upon the exact fabric and design that resulted in a high quality, lightweight, breathable product that provides the maximum calming effect.
The Anxiety Wrap mainly alleviates/lessens five major conditions:
These conditions are the root of many unwanted behaviors in dogs. And because The Anxiety Wrap can alleviate/lessen the basic, core condition, there are many unwanted behaviors that can end or lessen such as:
Thunderstorm fear Leash pulling
Separation anxiety Fear of other dogs
Constant barking Fear of people
Unwanted jumping Travel anxiety
Other noise phobias Fireworks fear
Nervousness Car sickness
Destructive chewing Fear biting
The Anxiety Wrap can help:
* any fearful, nervous, hyperactive or anxious dog become calmer.
* dogs who suffer from shyness feel more secure and gain confidence.
* dogs become calmer and focused during training lessons which helps them learn faster.
For many issues, using the Anxiety Wrap alone will lessen or resolve the behavior. For other issues, such as aggressive or severe cases of separation anxiety, consulting a trainer who uses gentle methods is suggested. Also in cases of aggression and some others, a visit to your veterinarian will help rule out any underlying medical issues.
The Patented Design Is The Key
Susan Sharpe experimented with 90 prototypes before finding the specific design and blend of lightweight fabric that applies pressure over as much of a dog’s body as possible, activates key acupressure points and is extremely comfortable. The comfort level of the dog must be maintained or the garment, itself, may cause undue stress and anxiety. Unlike other products, the Anxiety Wrap’s custom blend of fabric allows it to constantly flex and stretch over the dog’s body, eliminating habituation. It is designed to allow the dog to urinate and defecate freely and is safe to leave on the dog when you’re not home or overnight.
The Anxiety Wrap Is Designed To:
* target acupressure points on the dog’s body to aid in the calming effect from the light pressure of the garment.
* hit sensitive pressure points on the back legs with the “butt straps” to help calm and release tension.
* provide minimal disruption/discomfort to the dog while providing just the right amount of pressure to affect the nervous system.
* allow the dog to freely urinate and defecate.
* vary the amount of pressure through various elastic bands so each Anxiety Wrap can be customized to meet each and every dog’s individual needs.
* allow the “butt straps” to be used in a variety of ways – crisscrossing them, using only one strap, holding the tail down, etc. – to vary the effect.
The Anxiety Wrap has been featured on
NBC’s “Today Show,” Women’s Day magazine, The Boston Globe, the World-Herald, and it was introduced at the American Veterinary Medical Association Convention by Dr. Barbara Simpson, MS, PhD, DVM, Dipl. ACVB, a renowned animal behavior specialist in 2002. The Anxiety Wrap has received positive reviews in major trade magazines such as Whole Dog Journal, Animal Wellness, Fido Friendly, and The Bark.
Need More Information?
How To Measure Your Dog
What Is Maintained Pressure?
How Was The Anxiety Wrap Invented?